Vincent J. Roldan is an Of Counsel who specializes in bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors' rights. Mr. Roldan has represented parties in interest in various aspects of bankruptcy proceedings, including debtors, secured lenders, noteholders, foreign and domestic trade creditors, creditors' committees, trustees, and asset purchasers. Prior to joining the law firm, he was a senior associate in the New York office of DLA Piper LLP, for whom he worked for over nine years. He is admitted to practice in the federal and state courts of New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Roldan served as a law clerk to the Honorable Lewis M. Killian, Jr., United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Florida, and interned for the Honorable Adlai S. Hardin, Jr., United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York.
Selected representations include:
- Represented the Committee as special/ conflicts counsel in In re RDA Holding Co., Bankr. S.D.N.Y. (Reader's Digest's second bankruptcy filing)
- Represented the pre-petition lender, DIP lender and asset buyer in In re ReGen Biologics, Inc., Bankr D. Del.
- Represented the special servicer/ senior mortgage lender in In re Hoti Enterprises, LP, Bankr. S.D.N.Y.
- Represented the Chapter 11 debtor in In re American Commercial Incorporated, Bankr. D.N.J.
- Represented the Chapter 11 debtor in In re Wyoming Ethanol, LLC, Bankr. D.Wy. and In re Renova Energy (ID) LLC, Bankr. D. Wy. (separately administered)
- Represented the Chapter 11 debtor in In re Thompson Products, Inc., Bankr. D. Del.
- Represented European financial institutions holding € 650 million in notes in In re Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Bankr. S.D.N.Y.
- Represented the largest unsecured creditor (UK based) in In re 1800Hotels4U, LLC, Bankr. M.D. Fla.
- Represented the largest unsecured creditor and committee member (India based) in In re Reader's Digest Assoc., Bankr. S.D.N.Y. (Reader's Digest's first bankruptcy filing)
- Represented an owner participant in In re Delta Air Lines, Inc., Bankr. S.D.N.Y.
- Represented the mezzanine lender in In re Hereford Biofuels, L.P., Bankr. N.D. Tex.
- Represented the Committee in In re Source Enterprises, Inc., Bankr. S.D.N.Y.
- Represented the Ad Hoc Trade Committee in In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., Bankr. M.D. Fla.
- "Hey That's Mine! Use of §502(d) As A Creditor's Shield Struck Down", ABI Journal (April 2013)
- "1701 Commerce: A Heightened Standard On Motions to Dismiss?" ABI Journal (December/ January 2013)
- Lead panelist, "Bankruptcy Risks for Second Lienholders: Overcoming Challenges With Lien Stripping, Sect. 363 Sales, Intercreditor Agreements, Sec. 1111(b) Elections, And More", Strafford Publishing webinar, November 15, 2012
- "Substantive Consolidation in Bankruptcy, www.practicallaw.com (2012)
- "Circuit Split? Mirant v Adelphia", Law360 (May 11, 2012)
- Co-author, "Timing the Bankruptcy Filing of Commercial Real Estate", Law360 (March 16, 2012)
- Co-author, "Section 363: A Useful Tool For Asset Sales In Bankruptcy", The Real Estate Finance Journal (Winter 2010)
- Co-author, "In re Delta Air Lines Inc.: Leveraged-Lease Transactions in Airline Bankruptcies", American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Vol. XXIX, No. 7, at 28, 72-73 (Sept. 2010)
- Asian American Bar Association of New York, Bankruptcy/ Restructuring Committee founding member
- Turnaround Management Association, Programs Committee
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Bankruptcy Committee
- Cardozo Law School Alumni Association, Executive Committee
- New York Institute of Credit, member
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund, NY Advisory Committee
- In 2006, the New York State Bar Association honored Mr. Roldan with the President's Pro Bono Service Hanna S. Cohn Young Lawyer Award.